Author: Unknown Composer: Arranged from Wolfgang A. Mozart (1756-1791) by Hubert P. Main, 1873 (1839-1925)
1. Glory be to God in Heaven, Praise to Christ our Saviour great! By the power of Thy Spirit A new man Thou didst create Angels see in joyous rapture God’s own Word in deed fulfilled; And amid our glad embraces Is this child of God revealed.
2. This new being now arises, Having died with Christ before; What in Adam’s fall had perished Christ the Saviour did restore. Dearest child, we bid thee welcome In our blessed brotherhood; From the wild tree thou art grafted On this holy tree and root.
3. Out of water and of Spirit Thou, O child, art born today; You’ve escaped the old oppressor, In God’s covenant you’ll stay. Of one vine we all are branches; Of Christ’s body members we; And for Satan’s gall so bitter, Streams of life our drink shall be.
4. So sincere is our affection, Being but one body here, And our hopes are so united That all envies disappear. All is common to the brethren, Yet each one of us is free; Unconstrained we all do offer Love, without hypocrisy.
5. Gladly we relive thy suff’ring; At thy welfare we rejoice; And, while for the Lord we battle, We are joined in heart and voice. This our unity exceedeth All the bounds of time and space, And what here has been provided Shall eternity embrace.
Special thanks to the Apostolic Christians who diligently labored to keep their rich musical heritage alive when most other denominations forsook it in the challenging battle of changing cultures. Thanks be to those souls who labored to write and compose this treasure of praise, many now only known to GOD!