Author: Albert Knapp, 1826 (1798-1864) Composer: Johann Rudolf Ahle, 1662 (1625-1673)
1. Thine is the light! From Thee true wisdom comes, Which leads our hearts aright. Thou art the Fount, from which all grace does flow And brings us to Thy light. Our souls, O Lord, Thou dost enlighten! Thou art of life the precious fountain. Thine is the light!
2. Thine is the strength! True teachers for Thy fold Thou dost provide, O Lord! Thou dost impart salvation’s strength and pow’r To him who speaks Thy word. He plants and waters, light bestowing; Thy blessings thereupon are flowing. Thine is the strength!
3. Thy Spirit, Lord, Renews our fainting souls; Its help we do implore. Our hearts oft seem to sink in deep repose Till it does zeal restore. For through the Holy Spirit’s guidance We’re wakened unto true obedience In Thee, our Lord!
4. Thy blessings flow Upon the seeds of truth Which in our hearts remain. The shifting wind destroys the germ of life And blows away the grain. If in our hearts Thy seed has fallen, The blessings for its growth were given By Thee, our Lord!
5. The fruit is Thine! The tender germs of life Oft perish in distress. Salvation’s fruit is ripened by Thy grace, And Thou alone canst bless. If in our youth we learn Thy wisdom And reap the harvest in the autumn, Thine is the fruit!
6. The praise be Thine, Thou, Lord of righteousness; Salvation comes from Thee! In time of grace awaken us with zeal That we may faithful be! May we return to Thee rejoicing, With Thy Redeemed ones ever singing: Hallelujah!
Special thanks to the Apostolic Christians who diligently labored to keep their rich musical heritage alive when most other denominations forsook it in the challenging battle of changing cultures. Thanks be to those souls who labored to write and compose this treasure of praise, many now only known to GOD!