1. Faith and hope and love adorn Heart and life of all true Christians; With these must each child of God Be endowed in full submission. All who wish to serve God truly Must show forth these virtues fully.
2. Faith which laid the cornerstone Of redemption’s true foundation, Looks to Jesus Christ alone, Makes with heart and lips confession Of His Spirit’s faithful training, Bears the cross without complaining.
3. Love, the fruit of faith, must we Show to God and to our neighbor; Yield to discipline each day, Willing for the Lord to labor. No affliction e’er can sever Us from Jesus Christ forever.
4. Hope encourages our love To o’ercome all tribulation And will in the deepest flood Anchor on the firm foundation. What we here endure with sadness, Hope will change to joy and gladness.
5. O preserve this faith in me, Gracious Lord, in Thy good pleasure; Shame all those who mightily Seek to rob me of this treasure; Let the bruised reed not be broken, Nor be quenched the flax, still smoking!
6. May my charity be pure Not a sham or pretense merely, O bestow Thy power sure, That my love may shine out clearly; Help me love Thee, heavenly Father, And in Thee, my every brother.
7. Set my hope on solid ground; Strengthen it in every trial; May it flourish and abound, And in danger shun denial. Let it see past heaven’s portal And find rest in things immortal.
8. Faith and hope will pass away When believing ends in seeing; Then our love will enter in, Where it first came into being. There my love in endless action Shall attain sublime perfection.
Special thanks to the Apostolic Christians who diligently labored to keep their rich musical heritage alive when most other denominations forsook it in the challenging battle of changing cultures. Thanks be to those souls who labored to write and compose this treasure of praise, many now only known to GOD!