1. Lord, Thou Creator, glorious is Thy kingdom! In all the world we sing of Thy great fame. The host of heav’n with all the true and faithful Eternally shall praise Thy holy name. Thou art exalted there in heaven’s splendor, And kings and powers shall to Thee surrender.
2. The might and plan of foes Thou art destroying, As gracious wonder in Thy cov’nant new, The mouths of Thine own children now employing, Thou art preparing Thee a power, too, Unto Thy honor and unto Thy glory, Whereby, at length Thy foes must bow before Thee.
3. O Lord, how wondrous is Thy strength and kindness Which Thou to mortal man dost yet reveal! Thy love is shown to us in all its fullness, For through Thy grace our guilt no more we feel. True innocence is still Thy adoration, And children have Thy special invitation.
4. Thy blood has made atonement for Thy children; Thy grace and love to them has e’er been shared. How precious are the words which Thou hast spoken: “My kingdom for the meek has been prepared!” The sinful man is called to Thy allegiance, And as Thy child is led unto obedience.
5. When I behold Thy strength and mighty power, Thou, God and Ruler of the hosts of light, The moon and stars and all Thy works so wondrous Proclaim Thy glory and Thy sovereign might! How wonderful, O Lord, is Thy creation! We worship Thee in holy admiration.
6. O, what is man that Thou shouldst him remember, The son of man, that Thou for him shouldst care, That Thou to him Thy saving grace shouldst render, Yea, that Thou didst his very nature share? Thou hast Thyself, Thy precious lifeblood given, An offering to ransom him for heaven.
7. Though for a moment Thou hast him forsaken, With praise and honor Thou dost him receive. To light and life Thou dost him then awaken; O, who can this Thy love divine perceive? Thou grantest righteousness and grace, O Saviour, And leadest him on heavenly ways forever.
8. Thou wilt again exalt him in high measure, When he the battle of the faith has fought; And once again Thou wilt in him find pleasure, When Thou hast him unto Thy glory brought. O Lord, our Ruler, may Thy praise forever Be sung by choirs of all Thy children ever!
Special thanks to the Apostolic Christians who diligently labored to keep their rich musical heritage alive when most other denominations forsook it in the challenging battle of changing cultures. Thanks be to those souls who labored to write and compose this treasure of praise, many now only known to GOD!