Author: Unknown Music Source: Sicilian melody, Tattersall's Improved Psalmody, 1794
1. O, Thou Holy One, great and merciful, Praise to Thee I am bringing. By night and by day, singing and saying, Praising, Praising the Saviour! Angels rejoicing, their choirs are praising, Lauding, Lauding the Saviour!
2. O, Thou Holy One, great and merciful! Lord of strength and of wisdom. Grace, life and vict’ry, in Thee we glory! Praise ye, Praise ye His goodness! Seeing His glory, tasting His mercy, Praise ye, Praise ye His goodness!
3. O, Thou Holy One, great and merciful! Faithful Shepherd and Saviour! Sheep who are erring, with hearts despairing, Contrite, Contrite and weary; Such art Thou seeking, the righteous keeping In Thy, In Thy great mercy.
4. O, Thou Holy One, great and merciful! Praising Thy name forever! . Sinners are pardoned. Rest for the burdened Comes from, Comes from the Saviour. Joy be in heaven; mercy is given! Thanks to, Thanks to the Saviour!
5. O, Thou Holy One, Thou All-gracious One, King of heavenly glory! Sins Thou dost banish; then they all vanish. Adam’s, Adam’s sin is past. Grace Thou revealest; all our wounds healest, Moses’, Moses’ law is past.
6. O, Thou Holy One, Thou All-gracious One! Thou alone art my Portion! Thy Spirit’s power grants every hour To us, To us salvation! Freed by Thee, Saviour, I would not waver, Yielding, Yielding my all to Thee.
7. O, Thou Holy One, Thou All-gracious One! Thou dost grant holy seasons! Our heart rejoices; we lift our voices: Praise Thee, Praise Thee forever! There we will meet Thee, with all who love Thee, Praise Thee, Praise Thee forever!
8. O, Thou Holy One, Thou All-gracious One, Father, Saviour and Counsellor! There I’ll be living where Thou art giving To Thine, To Thine full glory. Those who live for Thee, by Thee made worthy, Shall shine, Shall shine in glory!
Special thanks to the Apostolic Christians who diligently labored to keep their rich musical heritage alive when most other denominations forsook it in the challenging battle of changing cultures. Thanks be to those souls who labored to write and compose this treasure of praise, many now only known to GOD!