Author: Christian Friedrich Zeller (1779-1860) Composer: Conrad Kocher, 1838 (1786-1872)
1. Faithful Saviour, we draw near To Thee in devotion. Fill our hearts and minds we pray, With Thy inspiration. Let Thy word, the light divine, In our hearts now brightly shine And Thy fold enlighten.
2. Saviour, come with us abide; Lord, for Thee we’re longing! As our teacher now preside; Still our ardent yearning! May Thy word of truth so great Many souls regenerate, Life to all be sharing!
3. Teach us, Lord, that we may be Filled with Thy true meekness. We would humbly follow Thee, Striving for Thy likeness. Fill our hearts with this desire; May we godliness acquire, Like Thee, pure and righteous.
4. Show us how Thy word renews, Giving us direction; How its truth and healing strength Leads to full perfection! O, let Thy almighty word Make us perfect in Thee, Lord, Through its meditation!
5. Blessed joy to trust in Thee, Lord of all creation! For in Thee we build our faith, Thou, our firm foundation. Lord, in faith we look to Thee, ’Til the blest eternity Leads to full salvation.
Special thanks to the Apostolic Christians who diligently labored to keep their rich musical heritage alive when most other denominations forsook it in the challenging battle of changing cultures. Thanks be to those souls who labored to write and compose this treasure of praise, many now only known to GOD!