Author: Nikolaus Ludwig Graf von Zinzendorf (1700-1760) Composer: Johann Hermann Schein, 1628 (1586-1630)
1. Ye of my blessed pilgrimage, Dear and beloved companions, Who have the precious privilege, The Holy Ghost’s communion, God’s blessings on you I acclaim, And greet you in the Saviour’s name!
2. O, may the small flock be increased In grace ’neath His protection. And enter into heav’nly rest, For this is God’s direction. May all be childlike, loving, kind, That we the path to heaven find!
3. May ev’ry sinner comfort find In penitent submission; In love to Him may Jesus bind All who have found salvation; With willing heart may ev’ry child Accept His guidance sweet and mild.
4. May each one then in his own place On Him, the Rock, be grounded; By His good Spirit, Word, and grace At all times be surrounded; May all be hallowed by God’s might; He is our star and shining light.
5. This is the wish from all my heart For you, my loving comrades; In our alliance may the Lord Be felt in blessed nearness. The power of His cross and blood Unites us in true brotherhood.
Special thanks to the Apostolic Christians who diligently labored to keep their rich musical heritage alive when most other denominations forsook it in the challenging battle of changing cultures. Thanks be to those souls who labored to write and compose this treasure of praise, many now only known to GOD!