Author: Unknown Composer: Johann Eusebius Schmidt (1670-1745)
1. Holy One, Holy One! Glorious Immanuel! Father of all righteous children! O, illuminate my soul With the grace which saves the sinner, And adorns him with God’s image mild As His child, as His child.
2. As immersed, as immersed In the water and the blood In the grave with Christ, the Saviour In baptism’s cleansing flood, Free from wrath with God in favor, Dead to sin and self, which buried lies, I arise, I arise.
3. Brought to life, brought to life With Christ Jesus, God’s elect Made awake, I now am severed From the world, the evil sect, From its dark deceit forever; From false pride, from sin and from disgrace. Oh, what grace, Oh, what grace!
4. Life divine, life divine, Fire and Spirit giveth pow’r, Maketh me a new creation; Godly life is mine each hour, Christ, my dress in this new station; He performs His holy work alway-- Night and day, night and day.
5. With delight, with delight Thou my happy soul hast blest. Born to everlasting glory, I endeavor without rest To make known the joyful story, While my Lord and Saviour gives me breath Until death! Until death!
Special thanks to the Apostolic Christians who diligently labored to keep their rich musical heritage alive when most other denominations forsook it in the challenging battle of changing cultures. Thanks be to those souls who labored to write and compose this treasure of praise, many now only known to GOD!