Author: Christian Gregor (1723-1801) Composer: Johann Jakob Walder (1750-1817) arr. Rodney Lynn Stoller, 1994 (1953-)
1. Holy One, Holy One, Holy God of Sabaoth! Earth and heaven homage render Thee of all creation, God. And of all who have surrendered, and are sanctified thru Jesus’ blood, Cleansing flood, cleansing flood.
2. Praise and thanks, praise and thanks bring we ever unto Thee That for us Thy Son was given, that we should Thy people be. He eternal life in heaven and redemption from our sin and grief, Did achieve, did achieve.
3. Day and night, day and night shall our song of praise resound In the church which is His body, which in Him Salvation found. Death reigned in our sinful body; Christ, to give us life became a man, Glorious plan, glorious plan.
4. Son of man, Son of man, let Thy golden lamp shine bright; Grant that Zion truly know Thee; scatter Thou the shades of night. Help us bring the praise we owe Thee, and together bless before the throne, Christ the Son, Christ the Son.
5. Holy Lord, Holy Lord, Holy and almighty Lord, Let the light of Christ shine o’er us, brightly all our journey through; May His grace and truth most glorious, still illume our path, till also we Dwell with Thee! Dwell with Thee!
Special thanks to the Apostolic Christians who diligently labored to keep their rich musical heritage alive when most other denominations forsook it in the challenging battle of changing cultures. Thanks be to those souls who labored to write and compose this treasure of praise, many now only known to GOD!