1. Who are they before God standing Countless throngs in heav’nly light; Each a golden crown is wearing, Shining like the stars so bright? Dressed in white you see them stand, Waving palms in ev’ry hand!
2. Loud and clear their hymns are sounding: “Praise to Him upon the throne! Hail the Saviour of His brethren, Hail the greatest Son of Man!” All the angels praises bring; Hallelujah! there they sing.
3. Who are they who in such favor Stand before the face of God? Who such great reward did merit, For as angels is their lot? In what battle, in what war, Did they this great vict’ry score?
4. These are they who came victorious, Out of life’s deep troubled sea, Bearing here the cross in patience, From all selfish honor free. Robes of honor they possess, Called: The great Lamb’s righteousness.
5. These are they who here did struggle For the glory of our Lord; Satan, world, and death subduing, Followed not the sinful horde. And in battle they did stand, Trusting God’s almighty hand.
6. They are branches of that true vine, Who to us brought help and grace, And they without fear did venture Anguish, danger, death to face. Now from sorrow and from grief, God has granted them relief.
7. These are they in priestly garments, Who appeared before their God; Ready day and night for service, Many sacrifices brought. Now in sacred place they stand, Happy in the Holy Land.
8. These are they who, overcoming, Sacrificed themselves for God; In Christ full salvation finding, Till they rest beneath the sod; They enjoy eternal bliss, Crowned with God’s own righteousness.
9. As the hart at noontide panteth For the brooklet clear and cold, So their souls did sigh while watching, Living waters to behold. Now their thirst is satisfied, For they rest at Jesus’ side.
10. Now before the throne they’re standing, Serving God by day and night; Casting still their crowns of glory Down before the throne of light, Where their Mediator stands, Guarding them with His own hands.
11. O what word describes the rapture, When I with the Holy Band And with radiance brightly gleaming, Shining like the stars I stand? Amen, thanks to Thee above, Praise to Thy eternal love!
12. O Lord Jesus, look upon me, Heart and hands to Thee I bend; Grant that I may soon behold Thee, When my pilgrimage will end; And by hottest conflicts shared By Thee fully be prepared.
Special thanks to the Apostolic Christians who diligently labored to keep their rich musical heritage alive when most other denominations forsook it in the challenging battle of changing cultures. Thanks be to those souls who labored to write and compose this treasure of praise, many now only known to GOD!