1. I rev’rence love’s great pow’r unending, Which in Christ Jesus is revealed; To grace, itself so freely spending To love a worm like me, I yield. I’ll sink all thought of self effacing Into love’s ocean, all embracing.
2. How dost Thou show’r on me Thy favor! How doth Thy Spirit yearn for me! Drawn gently on by love’s sweet savor, I come to yield my all to Thee; As Thou, endearing love dost hold me, So in my heart I will enfold Thee.
3. I feel that without Thee I perish, I feel that I am all Thine own; No earthly treasure may I cherish; My life is fixed on Thee alone. Sweet rest and joy Thou e’er providest; Gladly I follow where Thou guidest.
4. My heart and life are Thine forever; O Saviour, Thou my only prize! Thy saving blood, which faileth never, Was shed that Godward I might rise. To Thee, our dire, deep fall’s salvation, Of heart, of all, I make oblation.
5. I loved and lived in bondage weary, When for myself I lived apart. I knew Thee not through years so dreary, Yet Thou sought’st me with loving heart. O, could each sinner know this blessing, Thine would he be, his love confessing.
6. Now praise we all the name of Jesus, Bright fountain whence love’s joy proceeds, The stream which here from sin’s stain frees us And yonder God’s blest legions feeds. They bend the knee, Thy praise repeating; We fold our hands, Thy grace entreating.
7. O Jesus, may Thy name eternal Deep in our souls its impress leave! May we of Thy sweet love supernal In heart and mind the stamp receive! Let all our words, let each endeavor, Jesus, naught else, proclaim forever!
Special thanks to the Apostolic Christians who diligently labored to keep their rich musical heritage alive when most other denominations forsook it in the challenging battle of changing cultures. Thanks be to those souls who labored to write and compose this treasure of praise, many now only known to GOD!