Author: Unknown Composer: Mary Anne Yergler Rassi, 1957 (1933-)
1. Put on the armor of the Lord and Saviour. The enemy with artful guile is nigh. The hearts of men are oft deceived by Satan; In God’s own strength we ever must rely. Not only flesh and blood are we subduing, But evil spirits with their hosts pursuing.
2. When days of tribulation are appearing, Call on the Lord; His grace will strengthen thee. Though pow’rs of darkness round thee here are raging, God’s armor shall your strength and refuge be. Your loins be girded with God’s truth and virtue, And may the Spirit’s light shine brightly o’er you.
3. The shield of faith be thine in ev’ry conflict, And from this precious treasure never part. Though fiery darts around thee here are falling, The shield of faith shall quench each fiery dart. The Spirit’s sword and helmet of salvation Shall shield thee in each trial and tribulation.
4. So pray ye now, and never cease your praying Unto the Lord, and in your prayer endure; For, brother, now there can be no delaying! Well for him who in Jesus stands secure! Although a thousand arrows fall around you, Your enemy shall nevermore confound you.
5. You know the way which Christ has marked so clearly, The way of self-denial that He trod; O love Him more and evermore sincerely Who bore the cross for us, the Son God! O hear Him from the seat of mercy pleading With us, His sheep, who need His tender leading!
6. I am the Way, the Truth, and Life eternal. Whoe’er believes in me shall never die. Accept the Word which God has kindly given, The Word of Truth with grace to sanctify. The Word, as balm, for wounded hearts has healing, And thus in Thee new life and light revealing.
Special thanks to the Apostolic Christians who diligently labored to keep their rich musical heritage alive when most other denominations forsook it in the challenging battle of changing cultures. Thanks be to those souls who labored to write and compose this treasure of praise, many now only known to GOD!