Author: Unknown Composer: Henri Abraham César Malan (1787-1864)
1. Within that wondrous pool Whose waves were agitated Whene’er the angel’s pow’r Unseen its depth pervaded; There every woe and pain Could find a speedy cure For him who first did gain Its waters deep and pure.
2. In those five porches there Great multitudes were gathered; Blind, lame, deaf, rheumatic, With palsy struck and withered, Consumptive weak, infirm, The leprous, crippled, poor, Whoever was distressed Was brought unto its door.
3. Likewise, ye sinners, come; Be healed of your transgression! O come both great and small, Here you will find remission, Salvation help and grace. Here is the cleansing flood. Each sinful stain efface, Immersed in Jesus’ blood.
4. But hasten; tarry not Lest you should be forsaken! If you would find the cure, From sinful sleep awaken! The Lord has conquered death, And with His mighty hand He’ll wash you from your sin, With Him in grace to stand.
5. As man before his fall Are we restored through Jesus; Though many members called, By One God’s grace increases. True faith will make you whole If you His Word embrace, Pure, holy, without sin, Endowed with Jesus’ grace.
6. As witness of God’s love The Spirit then descendeth; As unction hallows all Whom Christ as His commandeth. But they who have this grace And then to sin revert Shall double strips receive, To their eternal hurt.
7. We bring our prayer to Thee; O Lord, in mercy hear it! And now impart to them Rich measure of Thy Spirit Who now have entered in The household of Thy grace; Keep them from Satan’s yoke, Grant them in Heav’n a place.
Special thanks to the Apostolic Christians who diligently labored to keep their rich musical heritage alive when most other denominations forsook it in the challenging battle of changing cultures. Thanks be to those souls who labored to write and compose this treasure of praise, many now only known to GOD!